Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 02 – Your first love

Ah, young love. So sweet, yet so cruel.
I remember being 5 and madly in 'love' with Richard.  Richard was this sweet, timid, perfectly mannered little boy with dark brown skin and darker hair and eyes.
He could do no wrong.
We were both in the same Kindergarten class with Mrs. Thomas who had to be pushing 90. Seriously.
Anyway, we were both in the same class, but I'm sure he didn't realize I existed.  You see, Richard was madly in 'love' with Irene...my best friend.

Eventually I got over Richard and soon realized that boys came and went.  I did, however, realize that there would be a kind of love that would always be reciprocated.  Music.
Music is and always will be my first love. It moves me.  It soothes me.  It inspires me and calms me just the same.
I can relate any aspect of my life to a particular song.
I envision my future via soundtrack.
It makes me smile, it makes me cry.
No matter what, it is always there...
a love, to last a lifetime.

No comments: