Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 2: Something You Love About Yourself

Ahhh, Love.   
The life force of all living things...no, wait.  That's the Sun. I LOVE THE SUN!
love, Love, LOVE!
I love music and horror and poetry and puppy dogs and, and, and..
Oh yeah, this is what I love about ME.
Hmmm.  Good question.
I must admit, had I been asked this a few years back I would have struggled to find an accurate answer.  But now, wow,  (at the risk of sounding self absorbed) there are so many things I have discovered that I love about myself.
But, out of all things, I absolutely, postively, without-a-doubt LOVE my ability to LOVE!
I become happy, giddy even at the thought of the word...Love.
I am so passionate (to a fault) about people, things, events, animals...
Is it strange that I can love a melody the same way I love my dog? Perhaps.
I love those in need, those who have wronged me (forgive but never forget) and love the beauty that is in everthing/everyone surrounding us.
My heart swells when I see beautiful architecture, a grandparent hugging a child, someone helping the elderly, a baby learning to walk, an amazing rock performance, etc.
Why?  Because I love life and all aspects of it.
"The sweet is never as sweet without the sour"- Vanilla Sky
SO, yes.  I love that I can still love with all my Soul no matter what cards life has dealt me.

No comments: